sheffieldshamblers.forumotion.com
Membership on the forum is by approval only..

IF YOU ARE A FORMER MEMBER, EMAIL THE SHAMBLERS FIRST, VIA THE CONTACT US PAGE ON THE WEBSITE
Latest topics
» Damflask - Thursday 27th June (Evening)
by Judecon Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:10 pm

by Silver surfer Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:46 pm

» Stannington - Thursday 30th May
by Spoons Fri May 31, 2019 10:24 pm

» Stop the Bus i want to get off...
by Harleyman Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:26 pm

» "The Eavesdropper"
by flowerpot Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 pm

by Magliz Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:27 pm

» Sensible Sunday Walks
by Bruno Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:02 pm

» Membership Numbers and Registration Fees 2019
by Mini Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:30 pm

» Complaints dept.....
by Magliz Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:35 pm

» Shamblers Ethos
by Mini Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:53 pm

» Young at Heart.....
by loobyloo Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:12 pm

"The Eavesdropper"

Go down

"The Eavesdropper" Empty "The Eavesdropper"

Post by waltzing matilda on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:36 am

Looking forward to next Wednesday and i hope it will be as interesting as the previous one.......The reason being is that last Wednesday i made my usual visit to the food bank down Chapeltown....Taxi was a bit early so i had plenty of time on my hands and eventually after doing a bit of extra shopping buying steak etc.from Crawshaws and also stocking up on Liquid refreshment i found myself in Wetherespoons.....This rather how can one put it without upsetting the locals ...Well...It's cheap and cheerful and i will leave it at that...Actually on the quiet it's full of waives and strays from all sorts of Life but the least said about that the better as i might regret it later....So i have noticed the Coffee is one pound twenty pence a mug and you can fill it all day at no extra charge and it is rather nice....I have also seen people walk in pick a used mug wash it in hot water from the Coffee machine and use it....However last week i was sat in there canteen drinking coffee and by the way i had paid for it minding my own business reading my free copy of the Metro....Then in walked a load of people and parked themselves round my table....To be honest i was amazed the place was empty so why pick on me.....Little did i realise what was to follow.....After about twenty minutes o listening to them i thought well they don't seem that bad...Me being very quiet after living a very sheltered Life and not being all that sociable took the bull by the horns and decided to join in the conversation.....Well that was it and i thought well they seemed to be agroup of happy little Souls who spent most of there time walking round different pubs, which is not a bad idea...One of the Chap's who sounded a bit of a Dell Boy looked as though he was there minder and did mention that they might be going to Llandudno later on this year....Probably an extended Pub crawl i thought...Well after never been out of Sheffield only on the odd outing to the my Daughters i thought well sound's rather nice....So after listening to them again for another twenty minutes and by God they can talk for England and laugh at the same time....I asked if i might be allowed to go with them....Silence ...I thought what have i done what have i said...Then they looked at me and i thought Oh here it comes.....Then to my utter surprise they said yes....So i just i would mention i am on holiday the first week in July and the 5th to the 9th of August so if you could pick a day a nice warm day if you don't mind i would like to go with you....I would be no trouble at all and if you park me on the back seat of the bus i will fall asleep....Would i be able to use my Bus pas for this outing please....Thank you....

waltzing matilda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"The Eavesdropper" Empty Re: "The Eavesdropper"

Post by Silver surfer on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:00 pm

cheers
Silver surfer
Silver surfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"The Eavesdropper" Empty Re: "The Eavesdropper"

Post by Magliz on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:51 pm